March 1, 2011
Vaccine Coercion 3, Vaccination Choice 2
February was an eventful month for those following the vaccine safety debate. Here’s last month’s scorecard:
Vaccine Coercion: 3
- The Supreme Court announces its landmark 6-2 decision to side with Pharma against vaccine-injured families in Bruesewitz v Wyeth [Feb 22].
- Bill Gates calls the vaccines safety community “child killers” on CNN and no one on a major media outlet blinks [Feb 3].
- Government, industry, and doctors throw the full weight of their resources and clout behind two new books that take a hard line against vaccination choice and the people who promote vaccine safety: Offit’s Deadly Choices and Mnookin’s The Panic Virus. The books are covered by a wide range of mainstream media outlets.
Vaccination Choice: 2
- Vaccine Epidemic is released. Our book enters second printing just one week after its release, and climbs the charts on the power of grassroots support [Feb 9].
- The dissent is the answer. The vaccine safety movement welcomes two powerful allies: Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Read the Supreme Court’s decision, including their dissent HERE. Two of eight justices — twenty-five percent of the Court — dissented. The Court is a microcosm of the raging national debate: 25% believe vaccines cause autism and 89% prioritize vaccine safety as the top pediatric healthcare concern.
Vaccine Epidemic Responds
Mary Holland goes on Fox & Friends to discuss Bruesewitz decision [Feb 26]
- Habakus and Holland call press conference to demand apology from Bill Gates [Feb 24]
- Vaccine Epidemic book launch at NYU School of Law draws over 300 [Feb 18]
Scroll down for more details on each.
Mary Holland on Fox & Friends
Vaccine Epidemic co-editor and legal analyst Mary Holland was invited on Fox & Friends on Saturday, February 26, to discuss the Supreme Court’s landmark decision regarding Brusewitz v Wyeth, in a debate wtih Fox medical correspondent, Dr. Mark Siegel.
Click HERE to watch the 4 minute clip.
Mary Holland tells America that they have slammed the courthouse doors shut on the vaccine injured. Dr. Siegel says Americans should be more afraid of the diseases than the vaccines. He agreed with Mary, however, that “there’s something going wrong with the court system.” They ran out of time, just as they started to discuss vaccination choice versus the need for mandates. If you want more coverage on Fox News, send them an email and let them know!
Vaccine Epidemic Editors Demand Apology from Bill Gates
On Thursday, February 24, advocates, parents, and professionals gathered for a press conference at Microsoft’s executive offices in midtown Manhattan to demand an apology from Bill Gates. The event was covered by WPIX Channel 11 news. Click HERE to view the video clip.
While interviewed on CNN earlier this month, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said that people who engage in anti-vaccine efforts “kill children.” We know, and he knows, that the anti-vaccine community he references is the pro-vaccine safety movement. Mr. Gates called the people who advocate for safer vaccines, including the parents of children who were harmed and died from vaccines, child killers.
We told Bill Gates that we reject his cruel, thoughtless, and misguided rhetoric of intolerance against those who question vaccine safety. We told Bill Gates that we demand an apology informed by an understanding of our perspective. We asked Mr. Gates to read our book, Vaccine Epidemic.
Mary Holland read searing remarks from three families with vaccine-injured children who were denied justice by the courts: Russ and Robalee Bruesewitz, Theresa and Michael Cedillo, and Rolf Hazlehurst.
All human beings, including parents whose children were injured and died from their vaccines, are entitled to speak out about vaccine safety and affirm that vaccination choice is a human right. No one, including our wealthiest citizens and corporate leaders, should be permitted to publicly insult this right.
To see photos and read the remarks, click HERE.
Vaccine Epidemic Book Launch Rocks NYU School of Law
Over 300 people filled NYU School of Law’s Tishman Auditorium for a two-hour program. Twelve contributing authors participated in three panels moderated by editors Mary Holland (law and ethics), Kim Mack Rosenberg (personal narratives) and Louise Kuo Habakus (medicine, science, and health).
And during the book signing, before and after the program, dozens of attendees purchased stacks of books to share with family, friends, and colleagues.
Here’s a ten-second no-audio pan of part of the audience. Stay tuned for video clips of the event.
For photos, click HERE.
Publisher’s Weekly Reviews Vaccine Epidemic
In their review of our book, Publisher’s Weekly highlights a wide range of possible adverse events associated with vaccines covered in Vaccine Epidemic including the devastating neurological damage post-Gardasil-HPV vaccination, the link between anthrax vaccination of the military and Gulf War Illness, paralysis caused by the flu shot, and more. While their reviewer is skeptical, PW acknowledges that our “effort should… prove useful to anyone suspicious of present policies.” Know anyone who falls into that camp?
Take Action Now
We appreciate all of you very much. But if you support our work, we need more of you. Please take a few minutes and do one or all of the following:
“Like” our book on Amazon
- “Yes” the positive Amazon reviews.
- Write your own review — short and sweet works. Just write something that shows that you read our book.
- Join our Facebook page
- Sign up for our newsletters.
- Ask your library to carry Vaccine Epidemic
- Buy a half dozen books and start lending them out. Create our own personal lending library!
E-mail us if you want to organize a book signing or another kind of event. Now is a very good time!
Click on Events/Media to see if we’ll be in your neck of the woods. If you are located in the Washington DC area, we’ll be headed your way soon and more than once! Send us a note if you want to help.
Hope to see you soon!
Louise Kuo Habakus
Continue to hear about news updates and events about Vaccine Epidemic by clicking HERE to sign up. Unsubscribe HERE and you will be permanently removed from our list. And keep up with the very latest on the book’s website: Vaccine Epidemic.
©2011 Vaccine Epidemic | 421 Seventh Avenue, Suite 901, New York, NY 10001