A feature article published this month in the Public Library of Science A Broken Trust: Lessons from the Vaccine–Autism Wars endeavours to dismiss justified concerns about vaccine safety as by just illogical “anti-vaccine” campaigners with irrational views not based on evidence. It is another sad testimony to the unscientific belief that the majority “consensus” is right when in science the reality is that often it is one person or a very few demonstrating the majority is wrong. The author is Liza Gross, Senior Science Writer/Editor, PLoS Biology, Public Library of Science, San Francisco, California.
One of the feature article’s themes “Evidence-Resistant Theories” has some irony in dismissing well-founded concerns and more so in the light of a much-needed:-
- The issue is Child Health Safety.
- There is no anti-vaccine movement.
- There is evidence of lack of safety and oversight and of children being at risk from vaccines where the risks of the vaccines now seem overwhelmingly to outweigh claimed benefits.
- The hazards are not being investigated or reported properly and are downplayed.
- And do vaccines cause autistic conditions? If you read nothing else we strongly recommend you read this: PDF Download – Text of May 5th 2008 email from US HRSA to Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News]. In it the US Health Resources Services Administration [HRSA] state to CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkission
We have compensated cases in which children exhibited an encephalopathy, or general brain disease. Encephalopathy may be accompanied by a medical progression of an array of symptoms including autistic behavior, autism, or seizures.”
- Despite all the lies and deceit by health official worldwide, the question “do vaccines cause autism” was answered after the Hannah Poling story broke in the USA in February 2008 [see CHS article here]. Hannah developed an autistic condition after 9 vaccines administered the same day. Under the media spotlight numerous US health officials and agencies conceded on broadcast US nationwide TV news from CBS and CNN. Full details with links to the original sources can be found in this CHS article: Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines. [Blue Text added 10 April 2011]
- It is much more than autism.
- We need well-designed properly powered large-scale studies comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated for all health outcomes by truly independent objective unbiased scientists – and including proper clinical data.
- Too many government officials and medical professionals with links to the vaccine makers and the drug industry and their own conflicts of interest refuse to carry out the studies – the inference is they know the studies will not favour their view or else there would be no reason not to carry them out – the studies would settle the matter
- Their only answer is to create the myth by label libel of an “anti-vaccine movement” and silence all critics.
- The lobbying in the media and at all levels in society has created a quasi-religious belief in the importance of vaccines such that any criticism is silenced in any way possible. And this says it all: Drug Giant Merck – “Destroy” Critical Doctors “Where They Live”
- The evidence base in published journals is no longer reliable and riven with too many papers published by those with financial and related interests. And here is evidence of that: Drug Giant Merck – “Destroy” Critical Doctors “Where They Live”
- The drive to vaccinate the world is not driven by any true health need: [Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries of Official Statistics]
- It is the drug industry changing its business model from the one the financial markets have long known was failing – of blockbuster patented drugs – to others including one like that which made Bill Gates billions – pretty much everyone must have Microsoft’s Windows software on their computer and everyone must be vax’ed
- Money v Child Health Safety.
End of story (sadly)
The vaccinated to unvaccinated comparison studies must be done – there is no reason not to and every reason to do them.
The problem can only be resolved politically but the big players in the drug industry have applied their financial resources to develop and entrench their influence at all levels in the medical professions, in universities and Government over many years.
Only by educating parents, professionals and the media on a large scale can the political machine be directed to address the issues and the problem.
Filed under: ADHD, Aspergers, autism, Barak Obama, Child Health Safety, Disease Statistics, Hannah Poling, John Poling, MMR, Obama, vaccination, vaccine, vaccine court, Vaccine Damage, Vaccines | Tagged: ADHD, Andrew Wakefield, Aspergers, autism, Barak Obama, Baron Cohen, CDC, David Kirby, fraud, genetic, genetics, Hannah Poling, immunisation, jokes, Jon Poling, Julie Gerberding, MMR, Obama, Professor Baron Cohen, Professor Simon Baron Cohen, research, research fraud, Simon Baron Cohen, vaccination, vaccine, vaccine adverse reaction, Vaccine Damage, vaccine risks, Vaccines, Wakefield |